Sunday, June 2, 2013

LOYALTY PLEDGE

GET OUT OR GET IN LINE
by Elbert Hubbard

xxx

If you work for a man, in heaven's name work
for him!

If he pays you wages that supply you your bread
and butter, work for him speak well of him,
think well of him, stand by him and stand by the
institution he represents.

I think if I worked for a man I would work for
him. I would not work for him a part of the time,
and the rest of the time work against him. I
would give an undivided service or none. If put
to the pinch, an ounce of loyalty is worth a pound
of cleverness.

If you must vilify, condemn and
eternally disparage, why, resign your position,
and when you are outside, damn to your heart's
content. But, I pray you, so long as you are a
part of an institution, do not condemn it. Not that
you will injure the institution not that but
when you disparage the concern of which you
are a part, you disparage yourself.


xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment